Go back FAQ CF Website
Top General Discussions Events & Contests Post a message
Show all folders

Original Message
RE: A couple of unoriginal inherents....
Wood-elves might get inherent versions of 'forage' and 'find water.' It seems odd that a race that actually lives outside in the plains shouldn't learn at least some woodscraft, no matter what the class.

I also think orc 'ingest spoils' and 'regurgitate' should be innate. How much training do you need to swallow something, really?

For the rest... as it stands, a lot of the inherent abilities that are coded or suggested seem sort of gimmicky anyway. 'Windwall' for arials, 'pounce' for felars, 'brew' for dwarves? In my opinion (well, you did ask), inherent abilities ought to be possessed by only a few races and derive naturally from those races' physiology and/or homogenous culture, not be tossed around like candy at a parade so every race can have one. I'd even argue for the removal of storm giant lightning, replaced - if you have to give storms any sort of inherent - with a water-based ability, due to their far greater affinity (immunity) for that element. Maybe a sort of automatic enhanced dodge while underwater, or an automatic +5 dex/+5 max dex in water areas, due to their superior swimming ability and familiarity with the element?

Just a thought.

Your message
Message format Check here if you want to format your message in plain text. Use for posting code snipets.
Name
Anonymously Post As
Subject
HTML use enabled

Smilies option ON
Smilies lookup table

Check if you DO NOT wish to use emotion icons in your message